The Trouble with Arsenic
The dangers of Arsenic have been well documented, but did you know that:
- US GSA estimates that 2 million people could have wells high in Arsenic?
- Private well owners are responsible for testing and treating their water supply?
- Seasonal water table changes can significantly increase Arsenic levels?
- Prenatal and early childhood exposure to Arsenic can increase lung cancer and respiratory disease in later life?
- Ingested Arsenic can injure pregnant women or their unborn babies?
- In animals, Arsenic can cause low birth weight and fetal malformations?
- Long term, low levels of Arsenic in drinking water can increase the risk for cognitive dysfunction in the elderly?
- Arsenic has been shown to take as much as 5 or 6 points off a child’s IQ?